There are important things to consider before joining a marathon contest. This article will serve as your guide in knowing the things you must do and those that you must not do before and during the marathon. If you want to win, follow the rules and instructions carefully. It is actually for your own safety.
Things to Do
- Undergo mobility, strength, and flexibility training at least twice a week. In joing a marathon contest, it is very important to be well-prepared. Training is very important.
- Foam roll every day. This is a good training for your legs everyday. It will also serve as a massage therapy for tired legs.
- Eat nutritious foods. The human body needs nutrition to be healthy and to stay healthy. For this, it is recommended to eat delicious and nutritious foods.
- Train for proper posture and breathing during your early training days. Before the contest, make sure that you already know and practiced the proper posture for running and the proper breathing. That’s a good start.
- Wear proper shoes for running. Never use sandals or slippers. Only comfortable running shoes are required.
Things to Avoid
- Don’t run when you feel any pain. Even if you think that you can still run despite the pain, it’s better to stop that kind of thought before it gets worse.
- Don’t run while your stomach is empty. Running a long distance without eating food is a very bad practice. For sure, you don’t want to faint in the middle of the road.
- Don’t miss warm-up and cool down. Do warm-up and cool down before your training.